Commercials, now a day, are studded with the products that would help in teeth whitening. Even, it has become one of the most included services that most of the modern dentists cater to. Well, have you ever noticed that your teeth do not hold the same whiteness as they used to be? Thinking of this, many people desire to have them fixed yet again. However, it is needed to know the underlying facts regarding teeth stains.
What are the Possible Reasons for Teeth Staining?
According to a dentist in Lakemba, various factors contribute to teeth staining. One of the most prominent ones is the lifestyle of an individual. It is observed that people who lead irregular schedule are prone to yellow teeth. Other factors include—
- Types of food that an individual take
- 70% of the teeth staining happen to those who consume alcohol or some hard drink
- 95% of the staining is caused because of the smoking
- Accumulation of the stain-causing particles that are embedded within the enamel
- Poor dental hygiene that includes inadequate brushing and flossing
- With age, teeth discolour or are stained
Treatment of the Stained Teeth
When it comes to stained teeth, a doctor in Lakemba is of the opinion that in the medical world, irrespective of the ailment, it is always better to prevent rather than curing.
However, if the teeth have turned yellow or brown, the following are some of the things that can be done or followed in order to either reduce or prevent the stain—
- Avoiding the consumption of tobacco in any form (chewing or smoking) can prevent staining
- Avoiding the consumption of certain food or beverages can help in avoiding the formation of stain
- An excellent and well-directed dental hygiene and oral care (brushing twice, flossing, use of mouthwash, chewing sugar-free gum after any meal, and visiting the dentist in Lakemba twice a year) can prevent the formation of stains
Must Good ‘Habit’ to Maintain a Brighter Smile
According to research, only a few people out of a hundred follow good dental habit. Those people who make it a routine enjoy brighter and glowing teeth for long. However, according to the dentist in Lakemba, a person should always make sure that they follow good habit. Some of the practices are
- Maintaining a good food habit where avoiding food of bold and bright colours like berries and pasta sauces, curries should be in the routine
- Scrubbing teeth with activated charcoal to remove the odour, toxins, or other food particles that might cause a stain
Are Tooth Whitening Products Safe?
This can be a tough question to answer. However, there are different available products on the market. The products should be used only after the proper consultation from the dentist in Lakemba, the reason being there might be cons as well, which the user might not know.
Teeth whitening process is not a permanent solution to get a stain-free, brighter smile. In fact, it is completely dependent on the good habit and the practices that an individual follows.